Validation Error: No matches for billing or default contact for company '<Company Name>'
Applies to: ConnectWise Manage, Xero, QuickBooks Online
How can this happen?
- There isn't a Bill To Contact and Primary Contact set for the Company
- The Bill To Company has been deleted
- The Bill to Company Contact is 'Inactive' when you view the Contact Profile
- Ensure that the Bill To Contact is selected from Company Finance screen
- Ensure that the Primary Contact is selected from the Company Details screen
- Ensure the Bill To Company hasn't been deleted.
If there isn't a Bill To Company, check the Company Recycle Bin from System > Mass Maintenance, restore the company and ensure to add the Contact to the Bill To field.
- Ensure that the Contact selected is set to 'Active', not 'Inactive' when you view the Contact Profile details.
- Re-sync the record to your Accounting Package.
If an Active Billing and Primary contact is set to the Company, please refer to these articles for other possible root cause and resolution:
If the Primary Contact is being set instead of the Billing Contact selected, read FAQ - Why is the contact being set to the Primary Contact instead of the billing contact