Error Updating Xero: Tracking code validation error for '[Tracking Category]'.
- Expected [Tracking Categories], received '[Found from GL Mapping]'.
- Please check your GL Account Mapping for '[Affected GL Account]'.
Applies to: ConnectWise, Xero
How can this happen?
- The received tracking category from the GL Mapping in ConnectWise is either not matching any tracking categories or has not been added yet in Xero.
- If using Sales Rep Tracking or the [Lookup] function, the Sales Representative Cross Reference field is either blank or has not been added yet in Xero.
Ensure that the tracking categories in Xero exactly match with the GL Mapping in ConnectWise.
- For static tracking, go to Setup Tables > GL Accounts > Find the affected GL Account Mapping > Enter the tracking category on the GL Mapping directly.
- If using Sales Rep Tracking, GL Mapping will contain [Lookup] function. Ensure that the Sales Representative Cross Reference is filled under My Company > Structure > Sales Representative Cross Reference.
To ensure that the GL Entries will be updated, set the invoice status to GL Reload, set back to Closed status then Resync.