Setting and Working with Locked Dates:
Within Xero if you have the Adviser user role, you can set a lock date to stop changes being made to transactions during a past period. After you set a lock date, users can't add or edit transactions in Xero if the transaction date is earlier than the lock date. You'd typically set a lock date when your financial records are being prepared for the year, or at the end of a sales tax period. You can change and remove the lock date at any time.
Set Lock Date:
- Go to Settings, then General Settings
- Under Organisation click Financial Settings
- Under Lock Dates, enter the date you want to lock your organisation's accounts.
Users can continue to create certain transactions during a locked period:
When you've set a lock date, users can still do the following:
- Create draft invoices, bills and expense claims.
- Submit invoices, bills and expense claims for approval.
- Save draft manual journals.
It is possible that if the user who connects to Wise-Sync has Adviser rights, then they will still be able to post to a closed period.
We recommend that you set a lock date for all users, or consider connecting Wise-Sync with a Xero account that does not have Adviser Access.
To reconnect with a user that doesn't have Adviser Access:
- Click on "Companies" then select your company from the list.
- Click on "Connect to Xero" and complete the authorisation process.
If you use Lock Dates you will need to ensure that all your Purchase Orders and invoices are captured before the close of the month as Wise-Sync collects the dates from ConnectWise and you will receive sync errors if you try and sync records to a closed period.